Bad Breath (Halitosis)
Bad breath can be either a temporary or a chronic condition. Temporary bad breath can result from eating certain foods, such as onions or garlic, poor mouth hygiene. Chronic bad breath causes include tooth or gum disease, liver disease, poor digestion, lung disease, sinus
or throat infection
, or diabetes
- Foul-smelling breath.
- A sour taste in the mouth.
- Apple cider vinegar: Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in some water and use it as a mouthwash, gargle for 10-15seconds at a time.
- Lime juice: Rinse mouth with lime juice mixed in water.
- Cardamom: Slowly chewing one or two cardamom seeds also help to minimize bad breath.
- Fenugreek: Drink a tea made from fenugreek seeds. Put one teaspoon of seeds in half a liter of water and allow it to boil slowly at low temperature for fifteen minutes. It should then be strained and used as tea.
- Aloe-vera: Drink 1/2 cup aloe-vera juice twice a day.
- Honey and cinnamon: Gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning so that breath stays fresh throughout the day.
- Parsley: Chew some parsley leaves to get rid of bad breath. Parsley contains a bacteria killing compound which helps to handle unwanted bacteria in the mouth.
- Fennel seeds: Eat fennel seeds to get rid of bad breath. It also prevents overgrowth of bacteria by alkalizing saliva.
- Clean the teeth after each meal.
- Use dental floss.
- Eat more raw fruits and vegetables.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water each day.
- Don’t smoke. Cigarettes are major cause of bad breath.
- Avoid alcohol, tea, and coffee.
- Don't use mouthwash containing sugar, alcohol, and dyes.
- Avoid offending foods.
- You have toothache, or inflamed or bleeding gums.
- You feel generally unwell and think this may be contributing to bad breath.
This information is not a substitute for professional medical or health advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. The site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. For more info,