A boil is a pus filled infection of the skin which begins as a small, red, painful lump under the skin. It usually starts as an infection in a hair follicle or oil gland in the skin. The common sites for boils are the face, neck, armpits, buttocks, and thighs. They usually occur in teenagers and young adults. Most boils come to a head and burst, releasing pus, after which the skin heals. Some boils gradually subside without bursting. Boils is caused due to bacteria, toxic condition in the blood stream, which is due to a faulty diet and a frenetic pace of living. Boils generally appear when a person is in a run-down and devitalized condition.
- Garlic: Apply juice of garlic or onion externally on boils to help ripen them, break them, and evacuate the pus.
- Fig: Apply a warm fig or honey poultice to the affected area.
- Cabbage: Apply a hot cabbage leaf poultice, which helps to draw out infection.
- Bitter gourd: Take a cupful of fresh bitter gourd juice mixed with a one teaspoon of lime juice, sip by sip, on an empty stomach daily for a few months.
- Cumin: Grind cumin seeds with water and apply this paste on boils.
- Eat more garlic, if you are prone to boils.
- Wash the area thoroughly every day and dry it well.
- Keep towels and washcloths separate to avoid spreading the infection to
- If the boil has burst, cover the area with a gauze dressing. Wash the area
thoroughly and change the dressing regularly until the skin is healed.
- Don’t squeeze the boil or try to burst it with a needle because this may
spread infection; let it burst or subside by itself.
- Avoid constipation.
- Avoid tea, coffee, starchy and sugary foods, especially cakes, pastries,
sweets, chocolates, white sugar, and white bread. Also avoid all
condiments, pickles, and sauces.
- Have diabetes.
- It becomes very painful or enlarges or getting recurrent boils.
- Develop a fever and feel generally ill.
This information is not a substitute for professional medical or health advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. The site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. For more info,