Chicken pox is a highly contagious viral disease mostly affects children’s, which cause intensely itchy, fluid-filled blisters that burst and form crusts. Child may generally feel unwell, with mild fever
and a headache
, just before the rash develops and for the first few days afterward. The symptoms appear 1-3 weeks after contact with the infection, and mostly recover within 7-10 days later.
- Baking soda: Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a bath water to reduce itching.
- Oatmeal: A bath of oatmeal is a natural remedy for relieving the itch due to chicken pox (add oatmeal lotion to the bath water).
- Neem: Lukewarm water baths with neem leaves will help to relieve the itching.
- Sandalwood: Apply sandalwood oil from the first day of appearance of rash till the fall of scabs.
- Honey: The skin should be smeared with honey for fast recovery.
- Carrot and coriander: Drink the soup made up of carrot and coriander.
- Take plenty of raw fruits and vegetable juice, especially lemon juice.
- Patient should be kept in well-ventilated room.
- Lukewarm water baths must be given every day to relieve itching.
- Wear light, loose, nonitchy clothing. Avoid wool.
- Cut child’s nails short to reduce damage from scratching.
- Wear cotton gloves at night to prevent scratching during sleep.
- Don’t scratch the blister which causes severe infection and scars.
- Keep away pregnant women from infectious person.
- Pus filled spots or blisters near the eyes.
- Headache or earache, breathing problem, drowsiness, or convulsions.
This information is not a substitute for professional medical or health advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. The site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. For more info,