Hair loss is a subtle metabolic disorder. It may be due to disease like typhoid, diabetes, fungal infection on the scalp, or hormonal imbalance. And there is a hereditary factor also, in which genes appear to trigger hair loss at a certain age. A deficiency of calcium, magnesium, and zinc may affect the nourishment of the hair.
Hair Loss Symptoms
- Sudden loss of hair resulting in patches of baldness.
- Receding hairline.
- Falling hairs while combing.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss
- Fenugreek: Grind fenugreek seeds with water and apply on the head. Leave for at least 40 minutes before washing. Do it every morning for a month.
- Sesame seeds: Eat a handful of white sesame seeds every morning.
- Lettuce and spinach: Apply mixture of lettuce and spinach juice regularly to prevent hair loss due to vitamin deficiency.
- Carrot or lettuce: Drink juice of lettuce or carrots.
For patchy hair loss
- Heena: Boil one cup mustard oil with four tablespoon heena (mehendi) leaves. Filter it and keep it in a bottle. Massage on bald patches regularly.
- Tobacco smoke: Grind remains of tobacco smoked (from hookah) and add to boiling mustard oil. Cool and store, and massage on bald patches regularly.
- Lime and black pepper: Apply paste made from the seeds of lime and black pepper in water to areas experiencing patchy hair loss, this may cause skin irritation for some people. This paste stimulates hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the affected area.
Do’s for Hair Loss
- Include plenty of protein and iron in your diet and also take mineral supplements like calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
- After hair wash, rub the scalp vigorously with your finger tips until it tingles to activate the sebaceous glands.
- Dry your hair naturally if possible, rather using hair dryer.
- Do meditation for reducing stress and tension.
- Include milk, yogurt, soya beans and cheese in your diet.
Don’ts for Hair Loss
- Don’t pull on your hair with a brush or comb when it is wet.
- Avoid using hair dyes and treatment to perm or straighten your hair.
- Don’t wear your hair in a style that pulls on your scalp.
- Avoid access intake of iron, copper and iodine.
- Losing your hair rapidly or in patches.
- Hair loss due to medication or an illness.
Hair Loss FAQ
- What are the hair loss treatments available?
- How to find unhealthy or damaged hairs?
- How to regrow hair naturally?
- Is it safe and good to use mehndi (Heena) for hair color?
- how to remove baldness with effective home remedies in a month?