A hangover is usually the result of drinking too much alcohol, but some people have symptoms after taking a small amount of alcohol. The cause is a combination of the dehydrating effects of alcohol and adverse reactions to chemical additives in drinks. The effects of over consumption of alcohol may cause headache
, dizziness, a dry mouth, and a raging thirst, which may disturb sleep at night. Most people recover rapidly with some self-help measures.
- Lime: Add 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and a pinch of salt in a glass of water and just before drinking add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Orange: Drink a glass of fresh orange juice with 1 teaspoon lime juice and a pinch of cumin powder added. This can help with both alcohol and drug-induced hangover.
- Banana: Drink banana milk shake, sweetened with honey. Banana calms the stomach and with the help of honey builds the depleted sugar levels, while the milk soothes and rehydrate your system.
- Lassi: Try a cup of cool lassi if feeling burning stomach and no appetite — Blend 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt with 1 cup of water and a pinch of cumin powder. Drink this 3-4 times a day.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water, most of the time it is beneficial for hangover.
- The best way to avoid a hangover is not to drink in excess.
- Drink plenty of water before going to bed and the next morning to reduce
- Take plenty of fruit, juices, and honey to speed recovery.
- Rest until you begin to feel better.
- Avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Don’t drink tea or coffee because they irritate the stomach and increase
- Don’t drink more alcohol to reduce your symptoms; this will prolong the
- Don’t drive. Alcohol remains in the bloodstream for long periods, so
reflexes may still be impaired the day after you have been drinking.
- Have regular hangovers and finding it hard to reduce drinking.
- Feel the need to drink alcohol first thing in the morning.
This information is not a substitute for professional medical or health advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. The site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. For more info,