Flu is a viral illness which is highly contagious that tends to occur in epidemics during winter. It is spread through coughs or sneezing of infected person and also by direct contact with contaminated things like handkerchiefs. Symptoms occur within 24-48 hours after exposure to the infection developing sudden fever, shivering, headache
, dry cough
, body ache, runny nose, and sore throat
. Person will begin to feel better after 4-5 days, but may feel tired and continue coughing for several weeks. Sometimes, flu leads to an infection such as ear infection, sinusitis
, and pneumonia.
- Lemon and honey: Add one teaspoon of lemon and one teaspoon of honey in one glass of warm water. Drink once or twice daily.
- Basil: Drink a tea made by boiling one teaspoon basil leaves (tulsi) in water.
- Take adequate rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids, such as water, soups, or fruit juice.
- Take steam inhalation.
- Avoid sugar.
- Do not smoke, and avoid smoky environments.
- Avoid meat, fish, eggs and starchy foods.
- Symptoms have not begun to clear up within a week.
- Develop other symptoms such as breathing problems, cough with green
or bloody mucus.
This information is not a substitute for professional medical or health advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. The site disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. For more info,