Some of the common cause of vaginal odor are bacterial vaginosis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), poor hygiene, trichomoniasis, vaginal yeast infection, see doctor for proper diagnosis.
Meanwhile here are few tips:
- Keep the external genital area clean by washing during regular baths or showers. Use a very small amount of mild, unscented soap and lots of water.
- Use sanitary pads during periods. If use tampons, change them at least every 3-4 hours.
- Eat yogurt which may be beneficial in maintaining a normal balance of vaginal organisms.
- Avoid the use of feminine sprays, or perfumes in your vaginal area, which may affect the normal balance of organisms.
- Avoid scented toilet paper and deodorant tampons.
- Avoid douching as it can upset the delicate balance of organisms as all healthy vaginas contain some bacteria and other organisms.