It is due to insufficient blood supply to leg muscles due to peripheral vascular disease.
Here are few tips:
- Eat nutritious, low-fat foods.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Engage in moderately strenuous physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day. At least walk briskly for 20-30 minutes daily.
- Control your blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar level.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid cold temperatures as much as possible.
-You may find it helpful to raise the head of your bed by four to six inches. Keeping your legs below the level of your heart usually lessens pain.