Unless it causes troublesome symptoms, usually low blood pressure isn't a cause for concern and doesn't require treatment.
Here are few tips:
- Add more salt to your diet.
- Get fluid through an IV, if you are very dehydrated.
- Change or stop medicines that lower your blood pressure.
- Take medicine to treat the problem that is causing low blood pressure. For example, you may need medicines to stop vomiting or diarrhea.
- If you have orthostatic hypotension, try some simple ways to prevent symptoms like dizziness.Stand up slowly, drink more water, avoid alcohol and caffeine. Wear compression stockings.
If you feel dizzy or lightheaded, sit down or lie down for a few minutes. Or you can sit down and put your head between your knees. This will help your blood pressure go back to normal and help your symptoms go away.