Most probably it may be due to gingivitis or periodontitis.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C, such as grapefruit, oranges, kiwi fruit, mango, papaya, strawberry, red pepper, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cantaloupe. Vitamin C can also be taken in supplement form. Vitamin C is believed to help gum disease because it is an antioxidant and is needed to repair connective tissue and accelerate bone regeneration.
- Apply a drop of tea tree oil which has proven it's antibiotic properties.
- Use a soft toothbrush and replace it at least every three to four months.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, or better yet, after every meal or snack.
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash.