Poor hygiene can lead to infection which in turn can lead to serious diseases. So, get innovative and sassy under the sheets, but follow these sexual hygiene habits to have lots of safe sex!
1) For women, it is essential to note the direction of washing your genitals. It is recommended to wash from your vagina to your anus to prevent the transfer of germs from the anus to the vagina and also avoid yeast infections.
2) For uncircumcised men, pull back the foreskin and wash the glans with warm water. Also wash the inner skin of the foreskin, which is susceptible to bacteria and dead cells and body fluids.
3) Both partners should wash their hands and nails before and after sex to prevent transfer of germs and bacteria to your genitals.
4) It is important to trim the hair in the private parts. During summer, heat and sweat can result in boils and skin problems.
5) To avoid embarrassment or bad odour, women should avoid having sex in the first two days of their menstrual cycle.
6) Avoid oral sex if your partner has sores around the mouth or near the genitals, it can pass on to you.