Here are few tips:
- Avoid activities that cause pain, swelling or discomfort but don't give up all physical activity. While you're healing, try low-impact exercises, such as swimming or bicycling.
- Apply ice packs to the affected shin for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, four to eight times a day for several days.
- Sit quietly and meditate, or observe your breathing. This will help to relax tense muscles.
- Resume your usual activities gradually.
- Take two or three cloves of garlic every morning.