Here are few tips:
- Eat smaller, more-frequent meals. If you experience frequent indigestion, try eating several small meals instead of three large ones.
- Avoid foods that irritate stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty.
- Avoid alcohol. Alcohol can irritate the mucous lining of your stomach.
- If you use pain relievers regularly, ask your doctor whether acetaminophen may be an option for you. This medication is less likely to aggravate your stomach problem.
- Manage stress. Stress may make your gastritis symptoms worse. Try meditation and deep breathing exercises. Stress may be hard to avoid, but you can learn to cope with it.