Swine influenza is an infection by any one of several types of swine influenza virus. Swine influenza virus (SIV) or S-OIV (swine-origin influenza virus) is any strain of the influenza family of viruses that is endemic in pigs.
Swine influenza virus is common throughout pig populations worldwide. Transmission of the virus from pigs to humans is not common and does not always lead to human influenza, often resulting only in the production of antibodies in the blood. If transmission does cause human influenza, it is called zoonotic swine flu.
Home Remedies for Swine Flu
- Drink plenty of water, juice, liquids and make sure your child drinks enough that their urine is clear or pale yellow.
- Child gets good sleep.
- Chicken soup is good for breaking up congestion.
Do’s for Swine Flu
- Drink lots of fruit juice/fluids and eat nutritious food.
- Wear mask if you are nursing a sick person.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Stay at home and take a rest if you have swine flu symptoms.
Don’ts for Swine Flu
- Avoid contact with infected people.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose to prevent spread of germs
- Don’t take any medication without consulting your doctor.
★★ Get our FREE Mobile app, Recommended by 80+ Doctors. Stay Healthy! ★★